Friday, March 23, 2012

A sad day for a book-lover...

I have made the executive decision to stop reading Abdication.  As any book-worm knows, it is almost shameful to leave a book unfinished.  I could not engage with the story (or should I say stories), and I could not engage with the characters.  I didn't particularly enjoy the author's writing style or the way the plot seemed to jump from character to character and place to place.  I think if the author had stuck to one story-line and focused just on that, using secondary characters to spice up the story, instead of giving each character his/her own storyline, it would have made the book much more readable.  I have too many books in my TBR pile to continue to read a book that bores me.
So, it is with regret and resignation, that at 60% finished, I am done with Abdication.

No comments:

Post a Comment